At the south frontier of Australia lies Tasmania, the smallest and only island state of the Nation. Only one hour of flight, Tasmania gives you an entirely different experience. With national parks covering over 40% of the island, Tasmania is the wonderland for everyone. On this tour, you will experience much of what the island has to offer through visiting many of its major attractions, including Richmond, Mt Wellington, Port Arthur, Mt. Field and so much more
Hobart Airport 6PM
D1： Hobart City/ Mt Wellington / Victoria Dock /Salamanca Square /Richmond Village/ Oyster Farm / Brewery (admire from outside only).
Hobart City and surroundings, including:
The most renowned oyster farm in Tasmania, where you can taste oysters, one of the three well-known local delicacies, at your own expense;
The historic Victoria Dock and Salamanca Square;
Mt Wellington, an excellent spot where you can admire the panoramic view of the British-styled town of Hobart and look far out to Antarctica;
The hundred-year-old brewery located at the foot of the mountain;
Richmond, one of the most significant historic towns in Australia, where you can find the oldest stone span bridge and the oldest Catholic church in Australia, the sandstone buildings on the streets showcasing Tasmania and Australia’s colonial heritage, as well as some high class boutiques for handcrafts and specialities.
D2：Port Arthur / Tasman Arch / Devil’s Kitchen / Tessellated Pavement/ Blowhole
Port Arthur Historic Site, located on the Tasman Peninsula, is the best-preserved convict settlement in Australia and known as “the Australian Gulag”. The main spots include the ancient church built by former convicts, the penitentiary and guard tower, as well as a museum exhibiting pictures and historical relics, such as convict uniforms, lashes and chains.
We will stop by four remarkable spectacles during our journey on Tasman Peninsula, which are Blowhole, Tessellated Pavement, Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
D3：Mt Field / Russell Falls / Horseshoe Falls / Royal Botanic Garden / characteristic house group / Abalone Farm (closed on weekends & public holidays, optional, admission $10)
The Royal Botanic Garden was built in 1818 and enables you to discover some unique Tasmanian plants such as Huon Pine.
Mt Field, known as the natural Oxygen Bar, is the oldest natural reserve in Tasmania. Admire the tremendous momentum of Russell Falls. In the meanwhile, enjoy a peaceful walk away from urban stress.
An optional stop at the Abalone Farm to watch a video about abalone fishing and have a chance to touch palm-sized wild abalone.
(The tour guide has the right to adjust tour itinerary, including the visiting order and duration, due to weather and road conditions or any other conditions of an operational nature.)
1. Any tour participant under age 16 shall be accompanied by at least one guardian.
2. Peak season surcharge may apply during times of high demand, major events and public holidays.
3. Once the booking is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled within 30 days prior to the departure date. If the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the departure date, a cancellation fee (10% of the tour fees) will apply.
4. Change of departure date is permitted for one time only without a fee within 30 days prior to the departure date.
5. The tour guide has the right to adjust tour itinerary, including the visiting order and duration, due to weather and road conditions or any other conditions of an operational nature.
6. The Company has the right to make up groups, unless otherwise noted.
7. We recommend tour participants purchase travel insurance.
8. Tour participants shall follow the tour guide’s instructions and shall be responsible for any consequences caused by their own behaviours.
9. Fruits and vegetables are not permitted entry into Tasmania due to Tasmanian biosecurity regulations.
10. All hotel rooms in Tasmania are non-smoking rooms. A fine may apply to the smoker who smokes in the room including the bathroom. All hotels in Tasmania do not provide toothpaste, toothbrush, slippers, etc. Please bring your own.
11. Tour participants shall not leave the tour group without giving notice and shall be responsible for any injuries or accidents arising as a result of their leave. The tour guide may help with but is not liable for taking care of the elderly tour participants who shall be accompanied by their own carers.
12. Optional tours are not mandatory and are at the own expense of the participant who opts to join the optional tours.
13. Tip is $5 per person for both driver and tour guide for each day. Tips will be collected by tour guide during the tour.
© Extragreen Holidays Pty Ltd 2018